Makita GD0800C 8mm Side Switch 1/4" Die Grinder with SJS
Makita’s 1/4”, SJS Die Grinder (model GD0800C) combines a powerful 6.6 AMP motor with motor and gear protection features for longer-lasting grinding performance. The GD0800C features a slide switch for increased convenience.
The GD0800C is equipped with SJS technology, an innovative mechanical system that allows the drive shaft to slip if the wheel suddenly catches or binds. SJS is engineered to help protect the gears and motor, and extend grinder life.
The GD0800C is powered by a 6.6 AMP motor that delivers 7,000 – 28,000 RPM with soft start for smooth start-ups. The electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load, and a variable speed control dial allows the user to match the speed to the application. Consistent with other models in Makita’s expanding grinder line-up, the GD0800C features labyrinth construction, a series of channels engineered to capture dust and debris and prevent contaminants from penetrating the gear box and front armature bearing for longer tool life. In addition, the protective zig-zag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation.
- Powerful 6.6 AMP motor delivers 7,000-28,000 RPM for faster material removal
- SJS technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload
- Directional air-flow vents channel the tool's air output away from the user's face
- Labyrinth construction prevents debris from penetrating the motor, bearings and gears for longer tool life
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Collet Capacity: 8 mm
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 371 x 75 x 75 mm
- Input wattage: 750 w
- No Load Speed: 7000 - 28000 rpm
- Net weight: 1.6 kg
NOISE & VIBRATION
- Noise sound pressure: 78 dB(A)
- Noise K factor: 3 dB(A)
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Artificial Wheel: 2.5 m/sec²
Available In 110v & 240v
Although we don't guarantee it, we always aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm the same day (excluding weekends & bank holidays). We use DPD for next day delivery orders and although DPD do not guarantee next day delivery, over 97% of orders are delivered next working day. Remember to order before 3pm if you require delivery for the next working day. For next day delivery on orders placed before 3pm Friday's, a Saturday delivery option must be selected, otherwise your order will be delivered the next working day (Monday).
Saturday / Pre 10:30am deliveries are at an extra cost where available
- Please note that Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed before 3pm, each Friday. Pre 10:30am delivery is only available on orders placed Mon-Thurs before 3pm.
Rearranging delivery with DPD
- It is highly recommended that you only rearrange delivery of your parcel to the original delivery address to ensure your parcel is delivered safely.
- Apologies, DPD’s Pickup Shop service is unavailable for Powertool World deliveries.
*Free delivery option available to UK Mainland Only excluding Highlands & Islands
Makita offer 1 year standard warranty on machines from purchase date*
Makita offer an extended 3 year warranty on machines from purchase date when registered online**
*Please note: the 2 year extension does not cover Batteries, Battery Chargers, Accessories, Petrol Powered Products, Production Tools and Air Tools and Compressors.
**Registration required within 30 days via Makita Warranty Registration & Login
Should the product develop any faults during its first year of use, you should immediately contact your nearest local Makita Area Service Agent for inspection first. Use the service agent finder here: Find Your Local Makita Service Agent (make sure you filter to show “Service – Electric”).
If you are unable to find a solution from your local service agent, you should use the following Returns Form to arrange a free collection and inspection from Makita (UK postal addresses only).
This guarantee does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by unauthorised repairers.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the tool.
- This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note you will be required to provide proof of purchase.
Please ensure your product is well packaged, enclosed with proof of purchase, note of the fault and return address.