Makita GA5040R01 125mm Angle Grinder with AVT Handle
The Makita GA5040R series angle grinders include the Makita Anti-Restart function, and have been developed based on the current GA5040 series. The Anti-Restart function prevents accidental startup after machine failure for extra user safety.
The GA5040R01 comes with an Anti-Vibration Handle (AVT) - as the anti vibration grip receives movement from the machine through the shaft the vibrations are dissipated with help of a ball joint functioning as the fulcrum. The rubber damper between grip and shaft absorbs the vibration from the ball joint decreasing vibration emission and increasing user comfort. When used in conjunction with the Makita SJS II (Super Joint System) vibration control system, the vibration emissions are reduced by up to 25%.
- Anti-Vibration side grip
- Anti-Restart function
- Soft start
- Double insulation
- Ergonomically best possible barrel grip, with a perfect circumference size and shape which fits the hand for extra comfortable handling
- "Super Joint System II" provides increased machine durability by absorbing the vibration produced by the wheel grinding or cutting material
- Tool-less wheel cover is adjustable to any desired position
- Lock-on switch to reduce user fatigue
- Bore Diameter: 22.23 mm
- Disc Diameter: 125 mm
- Max Wheel Thickness: 6 mm
- Anti Restart Function: Yes
- Max Wheel Diameter: 125 mm
- Input Wattage: 1,100 w
- No Load Speed: 11000 rpm
- Net Weight: 2.5 kg
NOISE & VIBRATION
- Noise Sound Pressure: 86 dB(A)
- Noise Sound Power: 97 dB(A)
- Noise K Factor: 3 dB(A)
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Sanding: 2.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Surface Grinding with Anti-Vibration Side Grip: 6.0 m/sec²
Available In 110v & 240v
Next day deliveries by DPD - 1 hour slot for each delivery
Same day dispatch on orders placed before 3pm*
FREE Delivery available on UK orders over £50**
We deliver to Europe***
*Same day dispatch on all orders placed before 3pm where available and unless notified otherwise
**Free delivery on all orders over £50 (inc VAT) applies to UK Mainland addresses only excluding the Highlands and Islands of the UK. Free 1-3 day delivery service supplied by UK Mail.
We always aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm the same day (excluding weekends & bank holidays). We use DPD's next day delivery service and although DPD do not guarantee next day delivery, over 97% of orders are delivered next day.
Saturday / timed deliveries are at an extra cost where available - please note that Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed before 3pm, each Friday.
***Sorry we do not ship to Norway, Malta, Iceland, Switzerland, Canary Islands and any countries outside of Europe.
For full information on available delivery methods, visit out Delivery Options page.
Makita offer 1 year standard warranty on machines from purchase date*
*Warranty excludes batteries, chargers, accessories, petrol products and air tools.
Makita offer an extended 3 year warranty on machines from purchase date when registered online**
**Registration required within 30 days via Makita Warranty Registration & Login
Should the product develop any faults during its first year of use, you should immediately contact your nearest local Makita Area Service Agent for inspection first. Use the service agent finder here: Find Your Local Makita Service Agent (make sure you filter to show “Service – Electric”).
If you are unable to find a solution from your local service agent, you should use the following Returns Form to arrange a free collection and inspection from Makita (UK postal addresses only).
This guarantee does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by unauthorised repairers.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the tool.
- This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note you will be required to provide proof of purchase.
Please ensure your product is well packaged, enclosed with proof of purchase, note of the fault and return address.