Makita DUH551Z Twin 18v LXT Cordless 550mm Hedge Trimmer Body Only
The Makita DUH551 is a cordless hedge trimmer powered by 2x Makita 18v lithium-ion batteries giving the equivalent power of a 36v machine. It comes with a 550mm blade and a blade cover. The trimmer blade is a double-sided blade and its capable of up to 1,800 strokes per minute. It can cut up to 18mm diameter branches. It has five alternative handle positions and variable speed control which gives extra control - set the speed to low for trimming young leaves or a higher setting for more dense wood trimming. Because it is battery operated the noise level of this machine is very low. It features a battery capacity warning light that tells you when power level is low. When different battery capacities are used, this trimmer will stop when the battery with less capacity is empty. The battery capacity warning lamp will give warning of when the trimmer will stop.
The Makita twin 18v battery concept offers an expanding range of machines that utilise the established 18v lithium-ion battery capacity to deliver high power 36v performance whilst offering an economic purchase solution for existing Makita tool owners.
- Powered by two 18v lithium-ion batteries to supply energy to the powerful 36v DC motor drive system
- Well balanced tool design - the stress on the front arm and hand is reduced by positioning the battery port at the rear of the tool
- 5 position rotating rear handle - locks at 45° and 90° and makes vertical and angled trimming easier and faster
- Variable speed control dial allows low setting for trimming soft young leaves into a desired hedge shape or high setting for fast trimming at high speed
- Large lock off lever
- Soft start
- XPT (eXtreme Protection Technology)
- Battery capacity warning lamp
- Extremely low noise
- Electric brake
- Voltage: 18v x 2 (36v)
- Continuous run time: 42 - 57mins
- Strokes per minute: 1000 - 1800 spm
- Blade length: 550 mm
- Max branch diameter: 18 mm
- Maximum output: 320 w
- Overall length: 1,061mm
- Net weight: 5.1 kg
NOISE & VIBRATION
- Noise sound pressure: 81.5 dB(A)
- Noise sound power: 91.0 dB(A)
- Noise K factor: 2.1 dB(A)
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Vibration no load: 2.5 m/sec²
Although we don't guarantee it, we always aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm the same day (excluding weekends & bank holidays). We use DPD for next day delivery orders and although DPD do not guarantee next day delivery, over 97% of orders are delivered next working day. Remember to order before 3pm if you require delivery for the next working day. For next day delivery on orders placed before 3pm Friday's, a Saturday delivery option must be selected, otherwise your order will be delivered the next working day (Monday).
Saturday / Pre 10:30am deliveries are at an extra cost where available
- Please note that Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed before 3pm, each Friday. Pre 10:30am delivery is only available on orders placed Mon-Thurs before 3pm.
Rearranging delivery with DPD
- It is highly recommended that you only rearrange delivery of your parcel to the original delivery address to ensure your parcel is delivered safely.
- Apologies, DPD’s Pickup Shop service is unavailable for Powertool World deliveries.
*Free delivery option available to UK Mainland Only excluding Highlands & Islands
Makita offer 1 year standard warranty on machines from purchase date*
*Warranty excludes batteries, chargers, accessories, petrol products and air tools.
Makita offer an extended 3 year warranty on machines from purchase date when registered online**
**Registration required within 30 days via Makita Warranty Registration & Login
Should the product develop any faults during its first year of use, you should immediately contact your nearest local Makita Area Service Agent for inspection first. Use the service agent finder here: Find Your Local Makita Service Agent (make sure you filter to show “Service – Electric”).
If you are unable to find a solution from your local service agent, you should use the following Returns Form to arrange a free collection and inspection from Makita (UK postal addresses only).
This guarantee does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by unauthorised repairers.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the tool.
- This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note you will be required to provide proof of purchase.
Please ensure your product is well packaged, enclosed with proof of purchase, note of the fault and return address.