Makita DTD170Z LXT 18v Li-Ion Brushless Cordless Impact Driver Body Only
The new Makita DTD170 impact driver is technically a 6-function impact driver, with four speeds and matched impact power: then the newly introduced operating mode, 'T-Mode' is used for tightening self-drilling Tek screws and the new A-Mode (Assist mode) which, when selected starts the rotation slowly allowing maximum control of the screw as it starts to bite into the material. Once the impact driver detects the screw tightening it switches to full speed and full impact power to complete the tightening sequence. The A-Mode is designed to eliminate ‘screw cam-out’ and ‘cross threading’ caused by high speed rotation before the screw bites in the material.
The new Makita DTD170 generates a massive 175 Nm maximum tightening torque with four impact speeds and power stages ranging from soft setting of 1100 rpm and 1100 impacts per minute; through medium and hard setting levels up to a maximum of 3,600 rpm and 3,800 ipm. This impact driver handles high strength bolts up to M14 and 22x125mm coarse thread screws.
In line with all new Makita tools the performance increases whilst the overall size of the machines decreases. The new top-of-the-range Makita DTD170 impact driver has a compact overall body length of just 117mm and weighs only 1.5kg.
- New impact mode, 'Assist-Mode' drives slowly to start screw before full tightening to eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading“
- TEK mode ('T-mode') reduces impact power during final stages of fastener seating
- Electronic 4-stage impact power selection
- Massive 175 Nm max tightening torque
- More compact body with overall length of just 117mm and lightweight at only 1.5 Kg
- Brushless DC motor with high power to weight and size ratio
- Brushless DC motor generates less heat buildup and is ideal for prolonged use in manufacturing / production applications
- One touch sliding chuck for easy bit installation and removal
- Twin LED job lights with pre-glow and afterglow features
- Ergonomic soft rubber grip design for vibration absorption and comfortable operation
- Variable speed control by trigger with electric brake
- Voltage: 18v
- Max Torque (Nm): 175
- Brake Type: Electric
- LED Job Light: Yes / Twin / Pre-glow / After-glow
- Battery Capacity Indicator: Yes
- Battery Compatibility: 18v Lithium-Ion (LXT)
- Rotation: Forward & Reverse
- Variable Speed Control Trigger: Yes / + 4-Stage Impact Power Selection
- No Load Speed (RPM):
- Max: 0-3600 / H: 0-3200 / M: 0-2100 / S: 0-1100
- Machine Screw Capacity: M4-M8
- Standard Bolt Capacity: M5-M16
- High Tensile Bolt Capacity: M5-M14
- Coarse Thread Length Capacity (mm): 22-125
- Max. Impacts Per Minute (ipm): 4 Stages as below:
- Max: 0-3800 / H: 0-3600 / M: 0-2600 / L: 0-1100
- Driving Shank: 1/4" Hex
- Overall Length (mm): 117
- Net Weight (Kg with 1.5/2Ah Battery): 1.2
- Net Weight (Kg with 3/4/5Ah Battery): 1.5
- Brushless Motor: Yes
Although we don't guarantee it, we always aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm the same day (excluding weekends & bank holidays). We use DPD for next day delivery orders and although DPD do not guarantee next day delivery, over 97% of orders are delivered next working day. Remember to order before 3pm if you require delivery for the next working day. For next day delivery on orders placed before 3pm Friday's, a Saturday delivery option must be selected, otherwise your order will be delivered the next working day (Monday).
Saturday / Pre 10:30am deliveries are at an extra cost where available
- Please note that Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed before 3pm, each Friday. Pre 10:30am delivery is only available on orders placed Mon-Thurs before 3pm.
Rearranging delivery with DPD
- It is highly recommended that you only rearrange delivery of your parcel to the original delivery address to ensure your parcel is delivered safely.
- Apologies, DPD’s Pickup Shop service is unavailable for Powertool World deliveries.
*Free delivery option available to UK Mainland Only excluding Highlands & Islands
Makita offer 1 year standard warranty on machines from purchase date*
*Warranty excludes batteries, chargers, accessories, petrol products and air tools.
Makita offer an extended 3 year warranty on machines from purchase date when registered online**
**Registration required within 30 days via Makita Warranty Registration & Login
Should the product develop any faults during its first year of use, you should immediately contact your nearest local Makita Area Service Agent for inspection first. Use the service agent finder here: Find Your Local Makita Service Agent (make sure you filter to show “Service – Electric”).
If you are unable to find a solution from your local service agent, you should use the following Returns Form to arrange a free collection and inspection from Makita (UK postal addresses only).
This guarantee does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by unauthorised repairers.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the tool.
- This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note you will be required to provide proof of purchase.
Please ensure your product is well packaged, enclosed with proof of purchase, note of the fault and return address.