Makita DHP481Z 18v Brushless Combi Drill Body Only
The Makita DHP481 LXT combi drill is powered by an 18v lithium-ion battery and the brushless motor enables up to twice the run-time of traditional motors. This two-speed drill will run up to 2,100rpm in high gear and 550rpm in low. It will deliver 31,500 impacts per minute in high gear and 8,250 impacts per minute in low gear. The 13mm single sleeve keyless chuck enables 16mm capacity in masonry, 13mm in steel and a massive 76mm in timber. Torque can be adjusted to 21 alternative settings and has a dedicated drilling mode. The DHP481 will generate 60Nm of fastening torque (soft joint) and between 115-125Nm (hard joint), the highest torque yet from the Makita 18v range.
There are twin LED job lights with afterglow once the variable speed trigger is released and a new side handle configuration gives light tool control. Coupled with the soft grip ergonomic handle design positive drill-driver capability is assured. It weighs just 2.7kg, and is more compact (20mm shorter) than the previous BHP458 model. Batteries and charger sold separately.
- Brushless BLDC motor specially designed to provide, above all, more work amount on a single full battery charge
- Forward/reverse rotation
- Single sleeve keyless chuck allows for easy bit installation/removal by one hand
- Electric brake
- Twin LED job light with afterglow
- 2 mechanical gears
- Battery fuel gauge - 3 lights on = more than 50% battery capacity, 2 lights on = 20 to 50% capacity, 1 light on = less than 20% full battery capacity
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Best possible ergonomic handle for drill-driver applications
- Compact overall length of 205mm
- XPT - Extreme Protection Technology
- Voltage: 18v
- Power Output (W): 640
- Soft Application Max Torque (Nm): 60
- Hard Application Max Torque (Nm): 115-125
- Torque Settings: 21 + Drill
- Brake Type: Electric
- No. of Gears: 2
- LED Job Light: Yes / Twin / After-glow
- Battery Capacity Indicator: Yes
- Battery Compatibility: 18v Lithium-Ion (LXT)
- Rotation: Forward / Reverse
- Variable Speed Control Trigger: Yes
- No Load Speed (RPM) High: 0-2100
- No Load Speed (RPM) Med: N/A
- No Load Speed (RPM) Low: 0-550
- Chuck Type: 3-Jaw / Single Sleeve Keyless / All Metal
- Chuck Capacity (mm): 13
- Screw Capacity: Machine Screw (mm): 6
- Screw Capacity: Wood Screw (mm): 10 x 90
- Drill Capacity: Concrete (mm): 16
- Drill Capacity: Metal (mm): 13
- Drill Capacity: Wood (mm): 76
- Impact Rate (BPM) High: 0-31500
- Impact Rate (BPM) Med: N/A
- Impact Rate (BPM) Low: 0-8250
- Overall Length (mm): 205
- Net Weight (Approx. Kg) with 1.5/2Ah Batt: 2.5
- Net Weight (Approx. Kg) with 3/4/5Ah Batt: 2.7
- Brushless Motor: Yes
NOISE & VIBRATION
- Sound Pressure Level (LpA): 85 dB (A)
- Sound Power Level (LWA): 96 dB (A)
- Sound Uncertainty (K): 3 dB (A)
- Drilling Concrete Vibration Emission (ah): 6.5 m/s²
- Drilling Concrete Vibration Uncertainty (K): 1.5 m/s²
- Drilling Metal Vibration Emission (ah): 2.5 m/s²
- Drilling Metal Vibration Uncertainty (K): 1.5 m/s²
Although we don't guarantee it, we always aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm the same day (excluding weekends & bank holidays). We use DPD for next day delivery orders and although DPD do not guarantee next day delivery, over 97% of orders are delivered next working day. Remember to order before 3pm if you require delivery for the next working day. For next day delivery on orders placed before 3pm Friday's, a Saturday delivery option must be selected, otherwise your order will be delivered the next working day (Monday).
Saturday / Pre 10:30am deliveries are at an extra cost where available
- Please note that Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed before 3pm, each Friday. Pre 10:30am delivery is only available on orders placed Mon-Thurs before 3pm.
Rearranging delivery with DPD
- It is highly recommended that you only rearrange delivery of your parcel to the original delivery address to ensure your parcel is delivered safely.
- Apologies, DPD’s Pickup Shop service is unavailable for Powertool World deliveries.
*Free delivery option available to UK Mainland Only excluding Highlands & Islands
Makita offer 1 year standard warranty on machines from purchase date*
*Warranty excludes batteries, chargers, accessories, petrol products and air tools.
Makita offer an extended 3 year warranty on machines from purchase date when registered online**
**Registration required within 30 days via Makita Warranty Registration & Login
Should the product develop any faults during its first year of use, you should immediately contact your nearest local Makita Area Service Agent for inspection first. Use the service agent finder here: Find Your Local Makita Service Agent (make sure you filter to show “Service – Electric”).
If you are unable to find a solution from your local service agent, you should use the following Returns Form to arrange a free collection and inspection from Makita (UK postal addresses only).
This guarantee does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by unauthorised repairers.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the tool.
- This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note you will be required to provide proof of purchase.
Please ensure your product is well packaged, enclosed with proof of purchase, note of the fault and return address.