Panasonic EY74A2X 18v Brushless Drill Driver
The new cordless EY74A2 drill & driver - Powerful, precise and ultra compact. (This model replaces EY74A1). Includes the Panasonic TOUGH TOOL IP technology. (IP = Intelligent Powertool)
Panasonic's latest-generation brushless motor enables high power output even when operating under high loads. A newly designed motor, chuck and switch dramatically increases durability for long-term use.
- Brushless motor realizes a powerful and compact design. The newly designed control circuits in the large-diameter brushless motors increase stable current flow to the motor by more than 70% compared with Panasonic's previous brushless models. This enables high power application even during high-load operation at no cost to its ultra-compact design
- Speed control function allows three different low rotation speed settings (H / M / S). Designed to work perfectly at allowable maximum speeds with metal hole saws, this feature greatly reduces ‘run out’ and prevents surface scorching on stainless steel and other materials
- The hybrid switch has been redesigned to give increased durability and offers double the life expectancy of previous models when compared with Panasonic conventional switches
- "Smooth Start" electronic speed control. Advanced speed control electronics start at slow rotation speeds, enabling very slow and smooth starts that give a high degree of control where accuracy is important, such as when precision drilling or working with small screws
- Fresh ‘Carbon Fibre’ look
- Comfort grip with improved ergonomics
- Ultra compact body at 178mm
- Ultra hard chuck jaw tips
- Electric brake
- Belt hook
- LED light
- Battery capacity indicator
Panasonic have also introduced new P-type 3.0Ah and J-type 5.0Ah Li-ion batteries for a wide range of jobs (sold separately).
- The P-type 3.0Ah battery is ultra slim and light, with a newly-developed φ20mm battery cell and new design for easier work in cramped spaces
- The J-type 5.0Ah Li-ion battery has ‘Dynamic capacity’ for long time usage
- Their improved design and materials also allow 250% lifespan under high workload conditions, compared with Panasonic’s original Li-ion battery
- Charging time with EY0L82B (usable / full charging): 65 / 80min
- Speed at no load (low / high) in min-1 (rpm): 20 – 480 / 70 – 1,580
- Max. torque (stalling / instant torque): 32 / 50Nm
- Clutch torque: 0.5 – 4.4Nm
- Clutch stages: 18 + drill position
- Size (L x H x W): 178 x 250 x 68mm
- Weight (including battery): 2.05kg
Next day deliveries by DPD - 1 hour slot for each delivery
Same day dispatch on orders placed before 3pm*
FREE Delivery available on UK orders over £50**
We deliver to Europe***
*Same day dispatch on all orders placed before 3pm where available and unless notified otherwise
**Free delivery on all orders over £50 (inc VAT) applies to UK Mainland addresses only excluding the Highlands and Islands of the UK. Free 1-3 day delivery service supplied by UK Mail.
We always aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm the same day (excluding weekends & bank holidays). We use DPD's next day delivery service and although DPD do not guarantee next day delivery, over 97% of orders are delivered next day.
Saturday / timed deliveries are at an extra cost where available - please note that Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed before 3pm, each Friday.
***Sorry we do not ship to Norway, Malta, Iceland, Switzerland, Canary Islands and any countries outside of Europe.
For full information on available delivery methods, visit out Delivery Options page.
Panasonic offer 1 year standard warranty on machines from purchase date
Panasonic offer an extended 3 year warranty on machines from purchase date*
*Registration required within 28 days of purchase via the Panasonic Warranty page.
Should you need to return your Panasonic product for repair, please find your nearest local service agent via the Panasonic dealer locator. Alternatively you can call Sallco Tools Ltd - an approved Panasonic agent on 02380 737355 and they will arrange to collect and repair your tool.
Excluded from the extended guarantee are:
- Defects resulting from failure to use the product in accordance with the operating instructions or the technical and/or safety standards of the country where the product is used
- Defects caused by accident, fire, neglect, misuse, wear and tear, improper use, improper installation, smoke contamination, introduction of liquid or other foreign matter into the product or occurring during transportation to or from the purchaser
- Defects caused by the use of non Panasonic parts or accessories or caused by adjustment, repair, modification or dismantling by a person not so authorized by Panasonic
Tel: 01344 853187
Please note you will be required to provide proof of purchase. Please ensure your product is well packaged, enclosed with proof of purchase, note of the fault and return address.