Makita DTD170Z LXT 18v Li-Ion Brushless Cordless Impact Driver Body Only
The new Makita DTD170 impact driver is technically a 6-function impact driver, with four speeds and matched impact power: then the newly introduced operating mode, 'T-Mode' is used for tightening self-drilling Tek screws and the new A-Mode (Assist mode) which, when selected starts the rotation slowly allowing maximum control of the screw as it starts to bite into the material. Once the impact driver detects the screw tightening it switches to full speed and full impact power to complete the tightening sequence. The A-Mode is designed to eliminate ‘screw cam-out’ and ‘cross threading’ caused by high speed rotation before the screw bites in the material.
The new Makita DTD170 generates a massive 175 Nm maximum tightening torque with four impact speeds and power stages ranging from soft setting of 1100 rpm and 1100 impacts per minute; through medium and hard setting levels up to a maximum of 3,600 rpm and 3,800 ipm. This impact driver handles high strength bolts up to M14 and 22x125mm coarse thread screws.
In line with all new Makita tools the performance increases whilst the overall size of the machines decreases. The new top-of-the-range Makita DTD170 impact driver has a compact overall body length of just 117mm and weighs only 1.5kg.
- New impact mode, 'Assist-Mode' drives slowly to start screw before full tightening to eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading“
- TEK mode ('T-mode') reduces impact power during final stages of fastener seating
- Electronic 4-stage impact power selection
- Massive 175 Nm max tightening torque
- More compact body with overall length of just 117mm and lightweight at only 1.5 Kg
- Brushless DC motor with high power to weight and size ratio
- Brushless DC motor generates less heat buildup and is ideal for prolonged use in manufacturing / production applications
- One touch sliding chuck for easy bit installation and removal
- Twin LED job lights with pre-glow and afterglow features
- Ergonomic soft rubber grip design for vibration absorption and comfortable operation
- Variable speed control by trigger with electric brake
- Voltage: 18v
- Max Torque (Nm): 175
- Brake Type: Electric
- LED Job Light: Yes / Twin / Pre-glow / After-glow
- Battery Capacity Indicator: Yes
- Battery Compatibility: 18v Lithium-Ion (LXT)
- Rotation: Forward & Reverse
- Variable Speed Control Trigger: Yes / + 4-Stage Impact Power Selection
- No Load Speed (RPM):
- Max: 0-3600 / H: 0-3200 / M: 0-2100 / S: 0-1100
- Machine Screw Capacity: M4-M8
- Standard Bolt Capacity: M5-M16
- High Tensile Bolt Capacity: M5-M14
- Coarse Thread Length Capacity (mm): 22-125
- Max. Impacts Per Minute (ipm):
- Max: 0-3800 / H: 0-3600 / M: 0-2600 / L: 0-1100
- Driving Shank: 1/4" Hex
- Overall Length (mm): 117
- Net Weight (Kg with 1.5/2Ah Battery): 1.2
- Net Weight (Kg with 3/4/5Ah Battery): 1.5
- Brushless Motor: Yes
Next day deliveries by DPD - 1 hour slot for each delivery
Same day dispatch on orders placed before 3pm*
FREE Delivery available on UK orders over £50**
We deliver to Europe***
*Same day dispatch on all orders placed before 3pm where available and unless notified otherwise
**Free delivery on all orders over £50 (inc VAT) applies to UK Mainland addresses only excluding the Highlands and Islands of the UK. Free 1-3 day delivery service supplied by UK Mail.
We always aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm the same day (excluding weekends & bank holidays). We use DPD's next day delivery service and although DPD do not guarantee next day delivery, over 97% of orders are delivered next day.
Saturday / timed deliveries are at an extra cost where available - please note that Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed before 3pm, each Friday.
***Sorry we do not ship to Norway, Malta, Iceland, Switzerland, Canary Islands and any countries outside of Europe.
For full information on available delivery methods, visit out Delivery Options page.
Makita offer a 1 year standard warranty on machines from purchase date*
Makita offer an extended 3 year warranty on machines from purchase date**
*Warranty excludes batteries, chargers, accessories, petrol products and air tools.
**Registration required within 30 days via the Makita Warranty page.
Should the product develop any faults during its first year of use, it can be packaged (complete) and freight prepaid to either an approved Area Service Agent or to Makita (UK) Ltd in Milton Keynes. Subject to inspection, the product will be repaired free of charge.
This guarantee does not apply where:
-Repairs have been made or attempted by others
-Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear
-The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained
-Alterations have been made to the tool
-This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights
Makita (UK) Ltd
Tel: 01908 211678
Please note you will be required to provide proof of purchase. Please ensure your product is well packaged, enclosed with proof of purchase, note of the fault and return address.